What is a Professional Organizer?
A professional organizer’s job description varies depending on the client’s needs. Ultimately, professional organizers come up with solutions that are specific to the client, and specific to the client’s project. Professional organizers are hired on for many purposes, including: Small business assistance, home office assistance, residential assistance, and/or special projects. In all cases, the organizer’s goal is to increase productivity. An organizer works in collaboration with the client while striving to create an easy transition incorporating system into daily activities.
Member of NAPO
EPO is a member of the National Association of Professional Organizers (NAPO), and operates under the NAPO Code of Ethics. NAPO offers regular conferences, trainings, and meetings where professional organizers can expand their knowledge base and specialize in certain industries.
Who can benefit from a Professional Organizer?
- Busy moms/dads/households
- Struggling non-profits
- Busy executives, business owners, CEOs
- A family grieving the loss of a relative
- Anyone moving a home/office
- Anyone downsizing a home/office
- Business needing structure for staff (SOPs, job descriptions, etc.)
- Someone with too much stuff needing to cut down
- Someone who struggles making decisions about their belongings
- Executive wishing to grow his/her firm
Remember, we hire professionals to help us in other areas of our lives (i.e. personal trainers, gardeners, nutritionists, therapists), so it’s completely normal to seek assistance from a professional organizer. It’s possible you just don’t know where to start, don’t have enough time, or are great at running your business but lack skills to keep paperwork organized. EPO helps you become more organized.